Delta SurveyA British Academy Research Project Information on the archaeological sites of the Delta is presented here in the form web-pages containing an alphabetical listing of sites. Where a substantial amount of information is available, or photographs of the site exist, links are provided to supplementary pages. The site-names in most cases are those of the Survey of Egypt maps. The material is offered as a source of reference and a tool for the planning of new projects. The letters 'T' and 'K' in the lists stand for 'Tell' and 'Kom' respectively, Arabic words for 'mound', describing the usual appearance of archaeological sites in the region. We would recommend viewing this area of the website on a desktop computer. You may also be interested to visit the separate Western Delta Regional Survey on Durham University's website here: http://community.dur.ac.uk/penelope.wilson/Delta/Survey.html About the survey Alphabetical index Sites by SCA number Sites on Google Earth Bibliography SAHRAGT, K  Information collected by Renee Friedman: Coptic site, perhaps ancient Leontopolis / Natho. The village of Sahgrat el-Kubra is located about 8 km SW of Tell el-Muqdam. The villagers had no knowledge of archaeological remains, but the church, located at the highest point in the town is reputed to have been founded in the 4th century AD. Records from the Coptic period equate Sahragt with Natho, which several scholars believe became the chief metropolis of the nome by the beginning of the Ptolemaic period (Helck 1980: 354f; Gomaa 1985: 352). Natho, a Greek corruption of N3y-t3-wt, "those of the mansion", refers to a royal foundation probably of the Ramesside period, perhaps founded at the same time as the like named Natho and later Leontopolis of Heliopolis at Tel Yehudiyah (Gardiner 1947: *146-*148.). In the list of Bishoprics, Sahragt is identified as Leontopolis.