Delta SurveyA British Academy Research Project Information on the archaeological sites of the Delta is presented here in the form web-pages containing an alphabetical listing of sites. Where a substantial amount of information is available, or photographs of the site exist, links are provided to supplementary pages. The site-names in most cases are those of the Survey of Egypt maps. The material is offered as a source of reference and a tool for the planning of new projects. The letters 'T' and 'K' in the lists stand for 'Tell' and 'Kom' respectively, Arabic words for 'mound', describing the usual appearance of archaeological sites in the region. We would recommend viewing this area of the website on a desktop computer. You may also be interested to visit the separate Western Delta Regional Survey on Durham University's website here: http://community.dur.ac.uk/penelope.wilson/Delta/Survey.html About the survey Alphabetical index Sites by SCA number Sites on Google Earth Bibliography ABU EL-IDA, K  Probably = Hogarth's Kom Abdul Ghadi in his 1895 report to the EEF, described as being '20 feet high and half a mile long, but all Roman, pottery, glass, bricks and everything'. See also the comments on Tell Abu el-Gudur (Delta Survey 406). Appears on 1996 ESA map as Kom Abu el-Fida. Marked as a miniscule area with Islamic graves to south of village. This site, now called Kom el-Adda, lies to the south of the road running east-west and is now built over by a town. The land here is still clearly raised at about 2-3m above the level of the road and fields, but nothing can be seen (P. Wilson visit, 2004). Wilson, P., The West Delta Regional Survey, Beheira and Kafr el-Sheikh Provinces, 56-7, id., 2010, 122.