The Society is currently at an important and exciting point in its evolution as it re-invents itself for the 21st century. The organisation is governed by a Board of Trustees which includes the three Officers of the Society: the Chair, Vice- Chair and Treasurer. The current Treasurer’s term of office ends in October 2016.
We are now seeking to find a successor who will take a leadership role in strategic planning, maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs, to seek to ensure its financial viability and to ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained; in so doing the Treasurer works closely with the Finance Manager, the Director and the Chair of the Board of Trustees. The Treasurer leads the Society’s Finance Committee and also serves on other committees including the Fieldwork and Research Committee which acts as the Society’s Grants Committee.
The Treasurer must be or become a member of the Society: the appointment is for an initial period of three years renewable for a further three.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a professional accounting or a similarly relevant qualification and experience of working as a finance professional
- be able to commit the requisite time (10 days a year)
- have a good understanding of financial management and reporting, preferably in the nonprofit or higher education fields
- be an effective chair of meetings
- have the coaching skills to work with the Finance Manager, Director and other staff to develop and implement
- the Society’s Business Plan
- have an interest in archaeology or Egyptology
- have experience in the NGO/charity sector either as an employee or volunteer
- have experience is establishing &/or setting out strategic goals in a business setting
- have well developed analytical skills
Salary: non-salaried; expenses will be paid
Hours: part-time; average 10 days per year
Further details are available by contacting the Director or the current Treasurer on 020 7242 1880 or by e-mail (click here).
To apply please email your CV and a supporting statement highlighting your interest in and suitability for the role, the contribution you feel you could make and details of any relevant training or experience, to email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 April 2016
Interviews: May 2016
© Egypt Exploration Society 2016 | Registered Charity No. 212384 | Content mangement for charity web design by SiteWriters